Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: update on Traveling Felicity

  1. #1
    Inactive Member *meg*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I called AG and talked to customer service about removing permant marker marks and they suggested the Oxy 10 stuff too. So I went and got some and started applying it to the marks on her face. So far it's working pretty well. I wipe it off everyday and add some more to the spots. the lighter marks on her forhead and feet are already gone, but I'm still having some difficulty with the ones on her cheek and nose. Although it is a lot better. I started doing this last week so it is taking awhile but the results are promising at this point.

    Here's a photo of what Lissie looked like when she got home. I'll add an after photo as soon as the two dark marks are gone. You can see why I kind of freaked...
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2123633039


    meg

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would have been freaked out as well! Those marks are pretty bad. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

    I'm glad the Oxy10 stuff is working, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Lyndsi [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Kirsten got some marks while traveling to Disney World. I used the Oxy stuff and put her in the sun for a couple of hours each day. It was spring so it wasn't too hot but it seemed to help. I hope you have the same results as we did.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh my gosh! I would have been upset, too. Did she have a travel journal that was with her? Maybe it slid around in the box during shipping?!?! I have had good luck with the oxy10, so I hope it will all come out! I am using it right now for a doll's feet that were stained by black shoes. Please let us know how Felicity is doing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    Well thats good that the stains are coming out little by little. I hope they all come out for you. Good Luck!

    Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am glad to hear that the stains on Felicity are coming off.I would have freaked too if anything like that happened to my Felicity.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keep us posted Meg. Lissie got some explaining to do!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry that this happened..I guess I thought that people would respect these traveling dolls! I can't imagine how I would feel if my doll returned with marker on her face. Keep us updated! We sure enjoyed having Lissie with us last fall. She was the perfect little lady!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member leafbyniggle3's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2003
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by janabanana:
    I'm so sorry that this happened..I guess I thought that people would respect these traveling dolls! I can't imagine how I would feel if my doll returned with marker on her face. Keep us updated! We sure enjoyed having Lissie with us last fall. She was the perfect little lady!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do not think one should make the assumption that this was intentionally done. Am I right in that all the hosts were/are members of this board?

    I looked at the pics, and it appears to me that they are from something rubbing against the doll. Could have been anything, even just the inside of the cardboard box. I am sure that anyone receiving the doll like this would have mentioned it, and seriously doubt that someone would have made these marks intentionally and then sent it on- thinking no one would notice? I'll bet that the last person to have the doll feels pretty bad, especially since they seem to be accused by some here of "disrespect".

    This board takes such pains in regard to Ebay sellers' feelings, I am surprised that this is tolerated.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 18, 2005 07:48 AM: Message edited by: leafbyniggle3 ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue">I agree with "leafbyniggle". Im sure the doll wasnt intentionally marked [img]frown.gif[/img] .

    Just imagine how you would feel if you were the last to have the doll and KNOW you took great care of her, and this happened purely by means unknown to you !! [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

    I also do feel for Meg, but accidents happen and its a risk that you take - just imagine if the box had got run over by a postal truck or even worse the doll had been lost !

    Please think of the feelings of the last person to have hosted her .. </font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •